School work in your first year at UPIKE will be new, different, and most likely harder.
Tips to Being a Good Student
- Attend class as much as possible.
- Make sure all work is done on time.
- Participate in classroom activities.
- Ask questions if something is not understood.
- Don’t be scared to contact your professor outside of class.
- Managing your time will be your best friend when it comes to schoolwork.
- Schedule specific times each week for only doing homework.
- When it comes to sports in college thing get to become serious.
- This sport is now paying for your schooling.
- This sport is likely much harder than it has ever been before.
Being a good college athlete
- Part of being good is time and dedication.
- Practicing as much as possible will always make you better.
Balance practice and school
- Although practice is very important
- School is too
- School should always be first
- Make time to practice around your school schedule
Mandatory Team study hall
- Some teams at upike make a designated time for their students to study each week.
- This is known and study hall or study table.
- This is 2 hours spent in the library doing all class related stuff the whole time.
- In my experience when I do not have something to do I want to sleep
- This causing me to miss classes and practices.