79 Life for Golf Members at UPIKE
Blake Maupin and Broc Crist
- It is very important to study while in school. For first year student-athletes its easy to forget that you are a Student First Athlete Second.
- You should find yourself at the Library quite often
- We can always find Blake and I’s roommate Bio Major Kyle Torrence in the Library studying. Kyle is also a golfer, so he makes time for study sessions and also practice his golf game. Here are a few examples of Kyle and other teammates at the library.
- As shown here in this short video in the library
Importance of Practicing:
- Although you are at college for education, it is important to practice whatever sport you may be participating in.
- Most students at the University of Pikeville are on Sport Scholarships.
- It is important to treat the sport you play as a job, just like education.
- You are being paid an amount of money for your athletic ability and academic achievements.
To continue, we also interviewed a fellow senior golfer Trey Isenberg