Editor’s Note: This project was written by two anonymous students.
As we all know, college typically consists of several different types of students. Despite the vast differences between those students, there is one common attribute between them- transportation. After researching some of the difficulties of transitioning to college, it was found that one of the most difficult challenges was adapting to campus parking. To address this issue, a survey regarding safety, availability, and legality is presented. Logistical evidence is applied to determine the state of disposition that Upike students have concerning parking. Through the use of both quantitative and qualitative data, policy proposals to resolve the affair were established.
- Scan Upike Id to enter parking garage
- Arrive early
- Expand Parking
- Construct new parking garage
- Gravel lot expansion beside Armington
- Install new cameras
- More emergency buttons
- Repaint parking lines
- Provide more clearance for larger vehicles
- Drive slower
- Avoid parking in hazardous locations
- Public Safety issue warning tickets initially
- Visible reserved parking signs
Barata, Eduardo, et al. “Parking at the UC Campus: Problems and Solutions.” Cities, Pergamon, 8 May 2011, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0264275111000412.