55 Softball with College
Haven Layne and Deandra Nicole Castle
How many hours a day do you practice?
- Our teammates that took our survey said they practice 3-4 hours.
- There is team practice, Pitching practice, and batting practice.
- The conditioning is one hour.
- The practices are back to back. One ends @9pm and the next starts @6am
How many hours a day do you study?
- The highest score was that our teammates study was 3-4 hours
- Some of our girls have labs and that are BIO have to study longer. Some teammates said they studied for 5-6 hours.
- Depending on how hard the class is you will study longer
- You need to study about on hour for each class you have
How much free time do you have?
- First year teammates said they have 2-4 hours of free time or none at all
- Upper classmen teammates said they had 3-4 hours of free time
- Freshman are required to go to a lot of events during n your first year and it makes it hard to have all kinds of free time
- You will have most of your free time are practices
How often do you check into team synced?
- Upperclassmen said every other class
- Freshman said they do every other class or they always forget
- Once you get use to team synced you will start to do it more often
What time do you usually go to bed?
- Upper classmen said between 11pm and midnight
- Freshman said between 11pm and midnight or after midnight
- You tined to over think things freshman year and you will stay up all night worried about things
- You will stay up all night doing homework when you really to chill and go to sleep and start early and fresh in the morning
What advice would you give upcoming freshman next year?
- “don’t be scared to tell your coach the truth or ask teammates questions. Everyone is here to help you succeed. Do not take what everyone says personally”
- “hard work pays off”
- “find a routine that works for you”
- ”use your time wisely”
- “always remember your key and ID card everywhere you go”