11 Survival Guide for The First Marching Band at Upike
If you are reading this then you are joining the Upike Marching Band! Welcome to the family and I hope you enjoy it just as much as I do! As you see this is a survival guide to make it though the Marching Band. These are things I wish I knew before I became a member.
How to march the correct way.
- I wish I had emailed Mr. Bailey to ask him to send videos or give me advice before band camp.
- Just make sure you ask questions if you don’t know what you are doing.
Get in contact with people
- Make sure you talk to our director and assistant directors! They will answer the questions you are wondering about band.
- Don’t just reach out to them make sure to try and get in contact with new members and older members!
Bring LOTS of water for band camp!
- We rehearsed a lot inside most of band camp, but I am so happy with how much water I brought with me every day.
- I brought at least four waters with me of the mornings, and after lunch I brought four more if I needed to. It really depends on the person and how much water you like to drink.
Come to band camp!
- It is in the header, but please attend the band camp because it is very fun!
Have fun and this is going to be a great year!