6 Reflective Questions
Instructions: In this virtual simulation, you assumed the role of the registered nurse caring for an infant and their family in the NICU. Reflect on your simulation experience. Use the questions that follow to guide you through debriefing for meaningful learning. You may do this exercise as an individual or to spark discussion in class or as a group. The questions are designed to help you to identify and express your reactions to the simulation, providing an opportunity to express your understanding, analyze the content, evaluate your performance, suggest actions within future practice, and to deepen your learning.
There are 7 questions to be answered. It may take you up to 60 minutes to complete the questions.
- What thoughts, emotions, or feelings did you encounter while participating in this simulation?
- What did you learn about assessing an infant with TTN?
- What did you learn about communication throughout the scenario?
- What family-centered care strategies would you use to involve the mother with her infant’s care while in the NICU?
- What can you take away from the incorrect decisions/responses you may have made?
- What questions remain unanswered for you in relation to this simulation?
- How will you apply what you have learned to your future clinical practice?