This textbook is available in the following formats:
- Online webbook. You can read this textbook online on a computer or mobile device in one of the following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
- PDF. You can download this book as a PDF to read on a computer (Digital PDF) or print it out (Print PDF).
- Mobile. If you want to read this textbook on your phone or tablet, you can use the EPUB (eReader) file.
For more information about the accessibility of this textbook, see the Accessibility Statement.
You can access the online webbook and download any of the formats for free here: Media Communication, Convergence and Literacy. To download the book in a different format, look for the “Download this book” drop-down menu and select the file type you want.
|Format||Internet required?||Device||Required apps||Accessibility Features||Screen reader compatible|
|Online webbook||Yes||Computer, tablet, phone||An Internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari)||WCAG 2.0 AA compliant, option to enlarge text, and compatible with browser text-to-speech tools||Yes|
|No||Computer, print copy||Adobe Reader (for reading on a computer) or a printer||Ability to highlight and annotate the text. If reading on the computer, you can zoom in.||Unsure|
|EPUB||No||Computer, tablet, phone||An eReader app||Option to enlarge text, change font style, size, and color.||Unsure|
Tips for Using This Textbook
- Search the textbook.
- If using the online webbook, you can use the search bar in the top right corner to search the entire book for a key word or phrase. To search a specific chapter, open that chapter and use your browser’s search feature by hitting [Ctrl] + [f] on your keyboard if using a Windows computer or [Command] + [f] if using a Mac computer.
- The [Ctrl] + [f] and [Command] + [f] keys will also allow you to search a PDF and EPUB files if you are reading them on a computer.
- If using an eBook app to read this textbook, the app should have a built-in search tool.
- Navigate the textbook.
- This textbook has a table of contents to help you navigate through the book easier. If using the online webbook, you can find the full table of contents on the book’s homepage or by selecting “Contents” from the top menu when you are in a chapter.
- Annotate the textbook.
- If you like to highlight or write on your textbooks, you can do that by getting a print copy, using the Digital PDF in Adobe Reader, or using the highlighting tools in eReader apps.
Webbook vs. All Other Formats
The webbook includes numerous interactive H5P activities. If you are not using the webbook to access this textbook, this content will not be included. Instead, your copy of the text will provide a link to where you can access that content online.
Even if you decide to use a PDF or a print copy to access the textbook, you can access the webbook and download any other formats at any time.